University of Warsaw (UW) is offering the Foundation Year for secondary school graduates – an intensive programme aimed at improving language skills, as well as preparing candidates wishing to study in English at the University of Warsaw or other Polish universities in the academic year 2017/2018.
The aim of the programme is to enable international students to start studies in English for a degree in a chosen field of Social Studies, Humanities or Science at Polish universities. The entry requirement is possessing English language skills equivalent to at least B1 level, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, assessed on the basis of the UW placement test.
The Foundation Year lasts 9 months and is divided into two semesters. During the first, the focus is on English for academic and specific purposes, while in the second semester specific degree courses run by field specialists are introduced.
This is an intensive programme, involving 4 contact hours per day, 5 days a week.
Participants who successfully complete the Foundation Year with at least B2 level of English competence and obtain satisfactory results from other courses shall be admitted to chosen first-cycle studies by the Rector of the University of Warsaw.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME:
- Learning English towards B2 at the best University in Poland
- Admission to first year of study at UW after completing the Foundation Year Programme
- 600 learning hours
- Classes held 5 days a week
- Seminars with field specialists
- All four language skills practised
- Face-to-face instruction with online support
- One-to-one tuition available
- Possibility to learn Polish
- State-of-the-art facilities with top class equipment
- Learning materials included
- Variety of social activities
FEE: 3100 EUR
For more information >>>